In WMS the output map choices are specified from the Output Control dialog accessible only from within the Job Control dialog. Since the computational time-step is generally small compared to the overall simulation time, a value representing the time between saving of results data may be defined. This time parameter determines the frequency of writing output raster maps or data sets. The time is measured in units of minutes.
Data set map options
The data set map output options are selected, along with the output frequency, with Write Frequency, and the type of map to output, with Type. The output maps can be a WMS data set in binary or ASCII format, or a series of GRASS ASCII maps. Since this primer accompanies WMS, it will be assumed that the data set option is turned on throughout the rest of the primer.
The different data set maps supported by WMS that may be saved for a given simulation include:
- Distributed rainfall intensity (mm h-1)
- Surface depth (m) - displays channel depth in channel cells if channel routing is performed
- Cumulative infiltration depth (m) – (infiltration must be turned on for the simulation)
- Surface soil moisture - soil volumetric water content
- Infiltration rate (cm h-1) - infiltration must be turned on for the simulation
- Channel depth (m)
- Channel discharge (m3s-1)
- Volume of suspended sediments (m3)
- Maximum sediment flux (m3s-1)
- Net sediment volume (m3)
- Groundwater head (m)
Additional maps may be created by specifying the appropriate cards in the project file, as described in the GSSHA User’s Manual.